TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Our general terms and conditions regarding the implementation of guided tours and bike rental
General terms and conditions – guided bike tours
§ 1 Validity
The following terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as AGB) apply to all services offered by tours, film & coffee GmbH, Managing Director Heinz Braunhofer, Kastanienallee 55, 10119 Berlin (hereinafter referred to as URBAN BIKE TOURS).
By booking, you agree to these terms.
§ 2 Contract
The contract is concluded with the registration and subsequent order confirmation by URBAN BIKE TOURS.
§ 3 Services
The scope of the contractual services results from the tour description on the website or flyer, as well as from the individual agreement with the respective contractual partner. Our tour guides are free to change the route. As a result, the tours may differ. Duration and distance are always approximate. Unless otherwise agreed, the minimum number of participants is 4 people per tour.
§ 4 Prices
Unless otherwise agreed, the prices shown on the website or flyer apply.
§ 5 Vouchers
Issued vouchers are valid only after receipt of payment and can not be exchanged. They have a 3-year term. The voucher is handed over to the tour guide at tour start.
§ 6 Payment
Payment is usually by bank transfer or cash before tour start.
§ 7 Cancellation, withdrawal, rebooking
URBAN BIKE TOURS always strives to meet its deadlines. If a tour has to be canceled due to exceptional circumstances, the participants are entitled to a refund of the payments made or participation in a replacement appointment. Another claim for damages does not exist.
The tour takes place in all weather conditions, unless the safety of the participants can not be guaranteed. In this case, the participant is entitled to a replacement date or refund of the payment already made.
If a tour already started must be stopped due to extraordinary circumstances, such as a strong storm or injury to a participant, there is no entitlement to compensation for URBAN BIKE TOURS.
The customer can withdraw from the contract for already reserved tours prior to commencement of service. There are no costs for cancellations or transfers until the 14th day before the date of the tour. Thereafter, the following fees apply:
Up to 7 days before tour start 25% cancellation fee payable.
Up to 3 days before tour start 50% cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 days before tour start 75% cancellation fee payable.
For a group booking, only individual participants (max 10% of the total number of participants), e.g. Canceled due to illness, no cancellation fee will be charged if the new number of participants is communicated to us by mail up to 24 hours before the start of the tour.
URBAN BIKE TOURS reserves the right to cancel a tour if the minimum number of participants is not reached at the start of the tour. For cooperations with other partners, their cancellation conditions apply.
§ 8 Limitation of Liability
Participation is at your own risk. The participant must assess himself before the start of the tour, whether the participation is consistent with his physical condition.
The participant must follow the road traffic regulations (StVO) on the guided bicycle tours. URBAN BIKE TOURS is not liable for gross negligence or intentional damage.
The participant must familiarize himself with the rental bicycle before departure and carry out a driving test. If at the beginning of the use obviously a technical defect that could affect the traffic safety before or occurs during use, the renter must immediately inform URBAN BIKE TOURS or the bike guide and to refrain from the use of the bike immediately.
The participant is liable for damages for which he is responsible for the bicycle provided to him during the bicycle tour.
URBAN BIKE TOURS is liable to the customer in cases of intent or gross negligence, of a representative or a vicarious agent in accordance with the statutory provisions. The claim for damages for breach of essential contractual obligations (city tour on bicycles) is limited to the contract-typical, foreseeable damage. Incidentally, the liability of the lessor is excluded.
§ 9 Obligation to cooperate
The tour participant is obliged to cooperate in the event of performance disruptions within the scope of the statutory provisions, to avoid possible damages or to keep them low, in particular to exercise due care. In case of grossly negligent or disturbing behavior of a participant or excessive consumption of alcohol, the participant is excluded from the event without replacement.
§ 10 Consent for the publication of photos
As part of our cycling tours, we will occasionally take photos and video recordings that can be posted on the URBAN BIKE TOURS website and social media platforms. For legal reasons, this is only possible with your consent. If you do not want to be photographed or filmed, please inform our photographer, guide and / or URBAN BIKE TOURS.
§ 11 Severability clause
Should one of the preceding provisions be or become ineffective, this ineffectiveness will not affect the remaining provisions. The ineffective provision shall be replaced by a provision that comes closest to the economic purpose of the provision to be replaced.
§ 12 Jurisdiction
For these terms and conditions and the entire legal relationship between the customer and URBAN BIKE TOURS, the law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies exclusively. The exclusive place of jurisdiction for all contractual disputes arising out of or in connection with the legal relationship between the customer and URBAN BIKE TOURS is Berlin.
Our general terms and conditions for the rental of bicycles
General terms and conditions bike rental
§ 1 Scope of application
These terms and conditions apply to the rental of bicycles of any kind, which the tours, film & coffee GmbH, Managing Director Heinz Braunhofer, Pappelallee 76, 10437 Berlin (hereinafter referred to as lessor) offers. By booking the renter accepts these conditions.
§ 2 Obligations of the owner
1. The owner is obliged to rent their equipment to the individual in good condition.
2. If, during the rental period, a repair of the bike is needed to ensure the operation or its roadworthiness is still of standard, then the owner must carry this out or offer the individual an appropriate replacement vehicle. The individual may take the bike for repair to alternative establishments, but only with prior consent of the owner. Otherwise, the individual will carry the costs of the repairs.
§ 3 Obligations of the individual
1. The tenant confirms with his signature the receipt of the rental objects. Before using it, he must familiarize himself with the functioning of the bicycle and carry out a driving test. If at the beginning of the use obviously a technical defect that could affect the traffic safety before or occurs during use, the renter must immediately inform the lessor and to refrain from the use of the bike immediately.
2. The rental price is based on the agreement in the lease.
3. The lessor is entitled to charge the time value or the repair costs in the event of damage or loss of the bicycle.
4. In case of early return of the rental object, no refund of the rental price.
5. The tenant declares with his signature that he controls the vehicle and knows the rules of the StVO and is responsible for their compliance. The use of off-the-beaten path, to sporting competitions or the sublease of the rental objects are prohibited without the written permission of the lessor.
6. The renter agrees to secure the vehicle against theft. While the vehicle is not being used, it must be connected to fixed objects such as bicycle stirrups, masts, etc., using a lock provided by the landlord. In case of loss or total loss, it is liable for the replacement value of the bicycle, whereby the theft is to be reported by the police.
In case of loss of a bike lock or key we will charge the amount of the price for rebuying the lock or the key.
7. The minimum age for tenants is 16 years. Children and adolescents under the age of 16 are only allowed to leave the rental property if they are supervised by adults for the duration of the rental. In this case, the undersigned adult is liable.
8. The lessee must immediately notify the lessor of all defects and damage to the vehicle. If such an announcement is omitted, the renter is liable for all further costs arising from the non-display, in particular personal injury and property damage of third parties.
9. If the renter is involved in a traffic accident, he must in any case get the police to the scene of the accident and let them give him the accident number. This, as well as further information on the accident, he must notify the lessor.
§ 5. Liability of the landlord
The lessor is liable to the customer in cases of intent or gross negligence of the landlord, a representative or a vicarious agent in accordance with statutory provisions. The claim for damages for breach of essential contractual obligations (bicycle rental) is limited to the contractually typical, foreseeable damage. The landlord is not liable for damage to the objects transported by rental bike. For the rest, the liability of the lessor is excluded.
$ 6. Cancellation Policy
The cancellation conditions stated on the order confirmation apply.
§ 5 Liability of the lessor
The lessor is liable to the customer in cases of intent or gross negligence of the lessor, a representative or a vicarious agent in accordance with statutory provisions. The claim for damages for breach of essential contractual obligations (bicycle rental) is limited to the contractually typical, foreseeable damage. Incidentally, the liability of the lessor is excluded.
§ 6 Jurisdiction
Fulfilment and jurisdiction is in Berlin-Mitte.